International Trade Consultant @GloballyCool
- International trade consultant
We are looking for a data cruncher who is a great communicator and coach at the same time. Is that a feasible mix? The ideal candidate knows it is! On the one hand, you explore markets and analyse trends, on the other hand, you can’t wait to enter a (virtual) exhibition floor and guide companies in finding interested buyers.
Who are we looking for?
An inspiring professional who likes to share knowledge and who advises, trains and coaches employees of trade promotion organizations (such as chambers of commerce and sector associations) all over the world. The ambition is to bring the services of those organizations in the field of market information and export promotion to a higher level.
You like to work together in teams and be involved in business advisory in an international setting. Experience in market research, knowledge of value chains and experience with economic activities and trade promotion in developing countries are important assets.
The ideal candidate
- has a university degree in an economic field and at least 3 years of relevant work experience.
- has an excellent command of Excel, English and preferably also French or Spanish.
- has good training and coaching skills or the interest to develop them.
- has good writing and reporting skills.
- is willing to travel to developing countries – hopefully as soon as possible.
This is what your working day looks like
- You roll up your sleeves for serious market analysis. You do the research on the basis of interviews by telephone, Zoom and at trade fairs and events. In addition, you conduct data analysis based on statistics and you review reports and online sources. You do not give up easily in your search for relevant information and you translate the findings into clear conclusions and practical recommendations, often in English.
- You share knowledge and facilitate strategic working sessions with various stakeholders for value chain analyses and formulation of export strategies. You do that mostly in English, although we also work in French and Spanish-speaking countries.
- You train and coach trade promotion organizations in the field of market research, market information and effective use of online channels and new media.
- You advise and support in the implementation of promotion and matchmaking activities.
- With your energetic and “bring it on” style you like to move forward. Nowadays you still do this via virtual training and coaching in our e-learning environment, but as soon as travel restrictions are lifted, you will conduct training and tailor-made consultancy on the spot in Asia, Africa and Latin America.
- money :), a pension scheme and a budget for personal development.
- an office with a view in the heart of Leeuwarden. You can also work from home.
- a job in an international field where you often work on projects in developing countries.
- an opportunity for growth to a senior level with a management position.
- room to contribute to the development of our strategy and services.
- a 32 to 40-hour working week.
Since 1995 we have trained and coached thousands of professionals, in over 45 emerging markets. We work for reputed international organizations such as ITC/United Nations, CBI/Ministry of Foreign Affairs, UNIDO, Import Promotion Desk, GIZ/Germany, and private organizations. We offer services in terms of:
- B2B Market Intelligence
- Strategy development
- Branding and promotion
- Online marketing
- Trade Fairs
Are you Globally Cool?
Send your CV and motivation in English before May 1, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can expect a response within 2 working days. A screening is part of the application process.
If you would like more information, please call Alfons van Duijvenbode on +31 6 212 912 73.