International trade consultant
- International trade consultant
We want to expand our team with an inspiring professional with analytical skills, who likes to explore, analyze, and report on developments in various markets. Someone who also likes to assist companies in finding interested buyers, through matchmaking activities including trade show visits. The perfect candidate likes to share knowledge and advises, trains, and coaches employees of trade promotion organizations around the world. He or she brings the services of those organizations in the field of market information and export promotion to a higher level.
You are a team player who is interested in a dynamic international field, who can operate independently and in a team context. You are creative, bring energy, and generate ideas. You are an ‘out of the box’ thinker and want to grow into a senior or management position. You are willing to travel to developing countries to advise, train, and coach employees of organizations on the spot. Experience in the field of market research, analysis of value chains, business advice, and experience with economic activities in developing countries are important assets.
You are widely employed as a market researcher and consultant and bring the international trade promotion of organizations in developing countries to a higher level. You will conduct market research, such as of primary research based on interviews via telephone, Skype, and at trade fairs and events. In addition, you do secondary research based on statistics, existing reports, and consulting online sources. You do not give up quickly in your search for relevant information and ultimately translate the findings into clear conclusions and practical recommendations. The reporting takes place mainly in English.
You also support trade promotion organizations through training and coaching in the field of market information services, branding, and promotion activities. You share knowledge and skills in the field of market research, market information, and effective use of online channels and new media. You facilitate strategic sessions and work sessions with various stakeholders for analysis of value chains and the development of strategic marketing plans or branding and promotion campaigns. You advise and support in the implementation of promotion and matchmaking activities.
- University education in an economic direction
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience
- Excellent command of English and possibly also French or Spanish
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- Training and coaching skills or the interest to develop them
- Good writing and reporting skills
- Affinity with data analyzes, market research, chain research and / or business advice
- Interest in international trade and developing countries
- Willingness to travel to developing countries
- Good MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Energetic and ‘come on’ mentality
What do we offer?
- A dynamic position in a young and professional team
- An international field of work
- Working in projects in developing countries
- An informal working atmosphere
- Independence and responsibility
- Space to learn and grow with a career opportunity to senior level and management position through our Globally Cool Academy
- Space to contribute to the development of our strategy and services through our Globally Cool Lab
- 32-40 hour working week
- An office in Leeuwarden and de Bilt
Since 1995 we have trained and coached thousands of professionals, in over 45 emerging markets. We work for reputed international organizations such as ITC/United Nations, CBI/Ministry of Foreign Affairs, UNIDO, Import Promotion Desk, GIZ/Germany, and private organizations. We offer services in terms of:
- B2B Market Intelligence
- Strategy development
- Branding and promotion
- Online marketing
- Trade Fairs